THE HILLTOWN PLAYERS - DESSERT THEATER - The Hilltown Players will be performing a "family friendly" play, "Over the River and Through the Woods" on Friday evening, May 29th at 7:30pm in the Community Room at Evangelical. Cost .... bring a dessert to share and a suggested donation of $5.
The next RISK MANAGEMENT CLASS is scheduled for Sunday, June 7th following worship and Sunday school. If you would like to participate or volunteer with any youth activity, i.e. VBS, Excel, BreakOut, Summer Camp, Sunday School, etc., it is mandatory that you complete this class to apply. Application forms will be available soon. Adults wanting to attend MUST complete a Risk Management Class to be considered.
EARLY NOTE: Via de Cristo Men’s and Women’s Fall Renewal Retreat dates: Men’s – September 17th – 20th & Women’s – October 22nd – 25th or Oct. 15th – 18th (TBA). They will both be held at Faith Community in Geneva, NY. If you would be interested in attending, speak with Pastor.
The NALC Newsletter -
April / May Highlights:
- “The Great Exchange.” — An Easter Message from Bishop John Bradosky.
- NALC Convocation is Aug. 12-14.
- Nominations being received for Bishop, Executive Council, and Court of Adjudication.
- “Martyrdom and the Suffering of the Righteous” is theme of Braaten-Benne Lectures.
- NALC welcomes pastors in Puerto Rico.
- “Tell Your Discipleship Story!” — Ministry Matters by Pastor David Wendel.
- NALC Mission Festival is Nov. 5-7.
- Discipleship Moments – A new discipleship resource.
- NALC receives grant from the Thrivent Financial Foundation. Funding recognizes 500th anniversary of the Reformation.
- Thrivent Action Teams help people work together to make a difference.
- “Stay Faithful, Be Fruitful” by Pastor Gemechis Buba.
- Lutheran CORE sharpens its focus.
- Reorganization to provide “shelter” and “voice” for those in ELCA, ELCIC.
- Martin Luther Reading Challenge.
- “What’s non-negotiable in our presentation of the Gospel?” — In Pursuit of the Great Commission by Pastor Don Brandt.
- Canadian youth gathering is May 15-18.
Click here to read, or download this month's newsletter.
New MISSIONS BOARD Update...
Evangelical’s new MISSIONS BOARD has been busy writing cards and letters to many missionaries and other missions and also sending along the designated funds or items purchased from the Lenten offerings.
Thus far, we have purchased 2 goats through World Vision. We are hoping they will also write back and tell us where the goats are going!
$150 worth of diapers was purchased. All the diapers, along with the many baby items generously donated by congregation members, were taken to “LifeSaver” Ministries - Soul-utions in Gloversville. Thank you to all who donated the baby items!!
34 NIV Student Outreach Bibles, The Story of God, Student Edition, were ordered and drop shipped to Wings as Eagles Ministries (WAEM) on Pine Ridge Reservation, SD. We hope and pray that these will be beneficial to their youth ministry.
A donation was designated and sent to Steve Walker, now a personnel administrator with Wycliffe Bible Translators. Steve and Mary Lou Walker lived and worked in Papua New Guinea for nearly 30 years where they also raised their four children. They made a point of visiting Evangelical whenever they were home on furlough. They supported Bible translation through teaching missionary and national children, and in a variety of Ukarumpa center services. When Mary Lou passed away in 2011 Steve and Julie relocated to Waxhaw, NC where he is involved in teacher application and placement supplying staff for Wycliffe’s many overseas MK (Mission Kid) schools.
Stay in touch and see what other work the Board is doing.
REQUEST: We would like to know if you sponsor any children around the world through Compassion International, World Vision, or another organization. Please let us know the names of your sponsored children for our World Map!
Sundays - 9:00am
SUNDAY SCHOOL & TEENS-
10:30am - Sept. - June
ADULT STUDY - 10:30am - All year
Supervised NURSERY available each Sunday following the Children's Sermon.
|Adult Christian Education
Sundays and other times...
- Tuesday - 7:30pm @Van Steele's
- Men's Prayer Breakfast - 2nd Sat. each month - 8:00am @Evangelical
- Men's Dinner & Bible Study - 4th Wed. each month - 6:30pm @Evangelical (unless specified at a home)
|Church Office -
Wed. 9-12 noon
and by appointment
The Rev. Peter J. DeBartolo, Sr.
Dean - Atlantic Mission District
The Rev. Luke Seamon
NALC Bishop -
Rev. John F. Bradosky
|Sarah's Pantry -
"Serving those in time of need"
Open by appointment - please call and leave a message.
Newsletter- link here to webpage to download latest newsletter.
|Evangelical's Constitution & By-Laws -
Duties of Boards & Chairpersons
The NALC's Stance on Holy Communion
(from Dave Ramsey and Ramsey Solutions)
Resources to Change Your Life
everydollar.com (and free app)
The next Financial Peace University Course will begin in September. Speak with Pastor DeBartolo, a trained coordinator for the course, for more information and to register.